Losing motivation for blogging can be hard.
When you sit down and log into your blog, the next thing you know a half hour has passed you by and you haven’t even done anything but sign on to your blog. It then all of a sudden dawns on you that you don’t know what you are doing and the motivation you thought you had has disappeared. In the end, you close the laptop a little frustrated with yourself.
Whenever this happens it what you do next that helps you regain that motivation and love your blog for what you have made it. Here’s what i do:
- Stay away from my blog at least for a few days.
- Read other peoples blogs, maybe find a little inspiration.
- Don’t get frustrated that I can’t write.
- Take some time and pamper me.
- Read a book to help myself relax.
- Have some family time.
Before I lose any motivation there are steps I try and put in place so that my blog doesn’t feel any effect of it:
- Schedule at least 2 or more weeks of blog posts at all times.
- Schedule tweets to promote those posts that will go live.
- Have blog post title’s drafted just in case opening up my blog and seeing the empty post with a titles helps me.
I know that my motivation will come back to me and it generally will always come back to me before that last scheduled post has gone live, which means I am always in time to catch my blog before it sees a missed post.
What’s your way to refind motivation for something you love?